Lunch on the Water

The Venue

Line drawing of the ship, from the menu

THE SLOOP H.M.S. WELLINGTON WAS BUILT IN
DEVONPORT IN 1934 AND SAW SERVICE ON THE
NEW ZEALAND AND CHINA STATIONS. DURING
THE WAR SHE PERFORMED CONVOY ESCORT
DUTIES IN THE NORTH ATLANTIC AND STEAMED
240,000 MILES.

AFTER THE WAR SHE WAS CONVERTED AT
CHATHAM AND ARRIVED AT THE TEMPLE STAIRS
ON THE VICTORIA EMBANKMENT AS THE HEAD
QUARTER SHIP AND LIVERY HALL OF THE
HONOURABLE COMPANY OF MASTER MARINERS
IN DECEMBER 1948.

SINCE THEN THE H.Q.S. WELLINGTON HAS
SERVED AS A COURT AND MEETING PLACE FOR
THE HONOURABLE COMPANY WHOSE AIM IS TO
"ENCOURAGE AND MAINTAIN A HIGH AND
HONOURABLE STANDARD OF ABILITY AND
PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT IN THE OFFICERS OF
THE MERCHANT NAVY".

The Menu

 Coconut Soup with Crab Croutons


Roasted Boneless Poussin with Madeira Jus
Puy Lentils & Smoked Bacon
Carrots and French Beans

Vegetarian option: Vegetable Dartoise


Lemon Mille Feuile with Raspberries


Rich Roast Arabica Coffee and Sweetmeats


Wines

Hazendal Kleine Estate 2001

Le Faucon Bleu Merlot 1999

 

Back to home page