Web design services
Ross Burgess, trading as Foxearth IT Solutions, maintains a number of websites, mainly for voluntary groups associated with the LGBT community in Croydon and South London. However he's now largely retired, and not normally looking to take on extra work.
LGBT Social and community groups
Current sites we maintain include the following:
- Age of Diversity— information resources for older LGBT people
- Aurora — Croydon's LGBT Police Consultation Group
- Bromley Gay and Bisexual Men's Group
- CAGS (Croydon Area Gay Society)
- CHE (Campaign for Homosexual Equality).
- GLAM (Gay, Lesbian and Mensan)
- LGBT Croydon — a portal for local LGBT groups
- Rainbow Reading Group — LGBT reading group in Croydon
- Rainbows Across Borders — Croydon-based support group for LGBT asylum seekers
- Silver Rainbow — for older lesbian and gay people in and around Croydon
- SLAGO (Surrey and London Association of Gay Organisations)
- SLG (South London Gays)
Other voluntary organisations
- Bead & Sequin Embroidery Stitches by Stanley Levy
- Out of the Shadows by Tony Walton
- Diverse Performances: Masculinities and the Victorian Stage by David Haldane Lawrence (edited by Ross Burgess)
- Amiable Warriors: the history of the Campaign for Homosexual Equality and its times by Peter Scott-Presland
Some other sites:
- Roger and Ross celebrated their civil partnership on the first day that the law allowed (they've since converted it to a marriage).
- We arranged some re-enactments of ancient church ceremonies for uniting two people of the same sex.
- And Ross is an active contributor to Wikipedia and to the UK LGBT Archive.
- Ross previously maintained the websites for UNACC (The Upper Norwood Association for Community Care) and Age UK Croydon
in 2008, Ross created two social networking sites: lgbtcroydon.ning.com and lgbtlondon.ning.com. These had 103 and 215 members respectively when they were discontinued in August 2010 as a result of a change in the Ning company's pricing policy. He subsequently assisted with the LGBT London website, maintained by the LGBT Consortium, until this was discontinued through lack of funding.